Thai Man Dies After Getting Sucked Into MRI Machine at Bangkok Hospital
The man, identified as Somchai Lokniyom, was carrying an oxygen cylinder as he accompanied his elderly relative into the MRI room at Bangkok Hospital, reported The Nation newspaper.
Somchai’s brother-in-law, Sompop Bencharit, said a ward boy told them it was fine to bring in the cylinder. However, objects containing metals are not allowed inside the MRI room as they could be pulled by the machine’s powerful magnet.
“When we told him that metallic things aren’t allowed inside an MRI room, he said ‘dilaew thi rea tha thuk wan’ (it’s fine, we do it every day). He also said that the machine was switched off. The doctor as well as the technician didn’t say anything,” Sompop said.
Neurologists at Mahidol University confirmed Wednesday they remain completely baffled by Somchai, a man who possessed an extraordinary and previously undocumented ability to fuck everything up.
According to Dr. Banthit Chetsawang, head of a research team studying exactly how Somchai managed to drop the goddamn ball every single time, the recently deceased 32-year-old pinapple farmer represents a major conundrum for modern science.